Re: Too many reviewers: WAS Drafts Back in Time

Subject: Re: Too many reviewers: WAS Drafts Back in Time
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:39:24 -0700

Maggie Pierce Secara wrote:

Send each reviewer only the part of the doc they're
responsible for. Anyone is intimidated by a 400-page
tome hitting their desk. Give them a date then check
up on them in person when that date comes up.

I did that in a roundabout way - I gave a copy to each manager to distribute as he (only "he's" in this case) saw fit, and mentioned it in the review sheet, too. Each reviewer only had one or two chapters, at most. Many reviewed what *wasn't* on their list. The whole process was an interesting study - I just wish it hadn't been so painful.

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal Writer www.writeangles.com

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey. -Stephen Covey

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com