Too many reviewers: WAS Drafts Back in Time

Subject: Too many reviewers: WAS Drafts Back in Time
From: joanne grey <j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:55:34 -0700

Robert Plamondon wrote:

but I've had clients where everyone and his dog had to
sign on the line before anything could happen. This doesn't make the
documentation better -- it makes it worse.

I'm going through that with a client right now. Everyone has a say, they rarely agree, and everyone assumes that "the other guys" have read the rest of the document that they were too busy (or uninterested in) to review.

I include a review sheet detailing what should and should not be reviewed, who should review what, the date the reviews are due, and a sign-off. I get back whatever they want to give me.

Add to that the fact that the product isn't completely developed yet. The doc goes to print three weeks (maybe four) before the product is complete. Some reviewers want the doc to show the current development, others want the doc to include the final features as agreed on but not there yet, and they don't agree, even on that.

Does anyone have tips (outside of cookies or bull whips) to simplify the process?

joanne grey j_grey -at- writeangles -dot- com
Principal Writer www.writeangles.com

Every man is a divinity in disguise, a god playing the fool. -Emerson

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com