RE: Work Attire

Subject: RE: Work Attire
From: "S Hill" <serpah -at- gmx -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 23:22:10 -0400

> > $Just out of curiosity, what do you all wear to work?

I just started (only been there two weeks) at a place now. My position
is not exactly tech related, but more clerical type stuff. The job
market here hasn't been great and my plan is to use this as a 'foot in
the door'. Any advice you can give would be great, as this is my first
permanent job. I've noticed lots of ways to make my tasks automated, so
after compiling a pretty exhaustive operation manual (yay tech
writing!), I'm starting to work on creating some mega-macros that will
automagically do my job for me. I do a lot of font-fondling (as it
were) in Excel.

I have to wear business formal, which degenerates into a pair of slacks
and a nice shirt. Our a/c is so incredibly efficient that I now have to
dress for winter in the summer. We get casual the last Friday of every
month and on stat holidays (jeans & a shirt, no logos). It would be
nice to not have to change when I get home from work.

-Sera

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com