Re: Advice on using Word to generate index

Subject: Re: Advice on using Word to generate index
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 13:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

> It's a little intimidating to disagree with

She-For-Whom-The-Final-Paragraph-Deletion-Method-Was-Named,
> but with all due respect, I must.
>
> In my very humble experience, index entries from
> marks inserted in a properly style-formatted
> paragraph will *not* acquire the text attributes of
> the paragraph.

Aw go on, Dan, people disagree with me ALL the time!
(But hey, due respect is cool.)

And well, ok, I guess this is no longer true. I got
stuck in Word97 for so long, and my experience showed
me this was consistently true: a bold paragraph style
gives me a bold entry in the index. Alsways put the
index code in the middle of a plain vanilla text
paragraph. Now I just checked in Word2K, and nope,
you're right. Being bold in the paragraph has no
effect on the font in the actual index. In fact, it's
when I turn off the formatting (manually return just
the coded words to not-bold) that it comes out bold in
the index.

Sheesh, I'm getting dizzy. Thanks for the update.
Everyone else please just, y'know, carry on.

Maggie

Maggie

=====
Maggie Secara

Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com