Re: Mozilla on a rampage?

Subject: Re: Mozilla on a rampage?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 05:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know whether there will be a direct impact on
browser usage, but I don't see IE's removal from the
standalone browser "market" to be of substantial cause
for concern. It seems that Microsoft wants to keep IE
integrated with the OS, and therefore anyone with a MS
OS will still have IE to use for web browsing. I think
the main issue prompting this decision is the OS
integration. To provide a stand-alone browser and an
integrated one will call for extra development effort,
as providing an integration-ready browser to the
general public may not be wise for people using other
OSs (or using an older MS OS).

But, the trend for a while has been for many larger
corporations to switch to another browser than IE (as
well as other enterprise communication/scheduling
applications than Outlook) to avoid perceived security
threats. That is most-likely the reason why you see IE
down and Mozilla up on your web usage stats.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

http://calendar.yahoo.com