Mozilla on a rampage?

Subject: Mozilla on a rampage?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:55:06 -0700

Hi,
After hearing the news that Internet Explorer will no longer be
available as a standalone browser (see
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/itcom
munity/chats/trans/ie/ie0507.asp), I took a look at the browser usage in
one of my clients' Web stats. In the last six months, Mozilla use has
grown from 15% to roughly 28%, with IE down to about 45% from 55%. I
know that math doesn't fly, but the other 3% has gone to news
aggregators et al. I've been casually watching browser usage stats for
the past few years, and this is pretty big news.

There's some uncertainty as to how the latest browser battle will shake
out. Will Mozilla continue to gain ground? Will IE strike back?

I'd like to think that most of those ridiculous browser-specific design
foibles are a thing of the past, but I thought this was worth
mentioning.

Darren Barefoot
Capulet Communications
Words. Words. Words.