Re: Wow

Subject: Re: Wow
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:20:09 -0700 (PDT)

"Amber Young" wrote...

> Mr. Ray, if there are rules against being friendly and establishing a
> camaraderie among colleagues, then I do not want to be a part of this list.

You will get nothing and like it!

> These have been the most horrible four days of my professional life on
> account of your list and its members making me feel like the biggest loser
> on the planet. Never in my life have I encountered more insensitive,
> nitpicking, humorless people in one place.

You've obviously never been to an STC conference.

> Please take me off the list.
> Some of you are great, and I thank you for your hospitality. Some of you
> need to laugh more often, to say the least. You may be expert technical
> writers, but you have much to learn about the fragile brevity of life,
> particularly your own. Adieu.

This is why you must embrace the awe-inspiring power of the delete key. With
the delete key you can remove any offensive post, ignore the most vile
remarkable technology. One that can bring you the kind of inner peace you've
always dreamed of one day having.

But! Be wary of cheap imitations. Some people will take great pains to TELL you
how they're deleting messages. But you know, they're really not. They secretly
enjoy reading those offensive posts. It gives them a thrill. A thrill that all
too often turns to guilt and then some kind of insipid over-analysis.

Be smart, shop S-Mart, and delete those offensive posts.

Now, get the hell back to work! :-)

Andrew Plato

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.