Re: Fonts for annotations in Acrobat

Subject: Re: Fonts for annotations in Acrobat
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:19:48 -0400

Gabrielle,

You're using the wrong tool, and that may be the problem.

Use the Touch Up Text tool (the outline capital T, not the solid capital T).

With that tool selected, hold down the Ctrl key, click once on the page (somewhere in the vicinity of where you want to type), and release both the mouse and the Ctrl key. You should now have a blinking text cursor.

Type the name you want to use for the signature.

Select the text, and open the Text Attributes dialog. You should see all fonts available on your system. Pick the script font you want, set the point size, select a color.

When the appearance of the signature is the way you want it, switch from the Touch Up Text tool to the Touch Up Object tool. It's a solid black arrow, and the way you find it is to hold down the outline capital T button until a little strip of two buttons pops up. Then select the arrow button, which will replace the T in the toolbar.

Using that tool, select the signature you just made and drag it to the exact location you want.

Two notes:

1. You cannot resize an object, but you can select the text and change the font size, using decimal fractions if needed.

2. Move the object immediately after creating it. Do not create a lot of signatures and then go back to move them all, as you may find you can't move some of them (depending on how they are aligned when you create them).

HTH,

Dick

Gabrielle Kirsch <gabrielle -dot- kirsch -at- wamu -dot- net> wrote:

>Problem: I've been filling out the forms using the Text Annotation tool
>in Acrobat. This works pretty well. However, I want to use a handwriting
>font for signatures on the form. I have several installed on my system,
>but none appear in the Font pull-down list for the Text Properties box
>of my annotation. These fonts do appear in Word. My (very wild) guess is
>that it has something to do with print drivers in Acrobat, but as I
>disclaimed above, I am not an Acrobat guru.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com