Fonts for annotations in Acrobat

Subject: Fonts for annotations in Acrobat
From: Gabrielle Kirsch <gabrielle -dot- kirsch -at- wamu -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 10:06:23 -0700

Program: Acrobat 4.0
System: Windows 95 (can you believe it?)

Disclaimer: I am not very Acrobat savvy at all, so if I am missing
something basic, please don't flame me. Also, I did check the archives
and found a lot of great other information about Acrobat (particularly
about items that are incorrect in Help), but nothing specifically
relating to this problem.

Task: I am playing with some acrobat documents (created by another
company) for a training manual. I want the forms in the documents to
appear to be filled out and signed. These are NOT true acrobat forms.
There is no place for user input. In reality, users are just supposed to
print the document and fill out the forms on paper (think tax
documents). However, due to the lack of a scanner, that will not help me
for my training materials.

Problem: I've been filling out the forms using the Text Annotation tool
in Acrobat. This works pretty well. However, I want to use a handwriting
font for signatures on the form. I have several installed on my system,
but none appear in the Font pull-down list for the Text Properties box
of my annotation. These fonts do appear in Word. My (very wild) guess is
that it has something to do with print drivers in Acrobat, but as I
disclaimed above, I am not an Acrobat guru.

Does anyone have any ideas?

-gabrielle

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com