RE: Re: Techwriting after the boom

Subject: RE: Re: Techwriting after the boom
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 06 Jun 2003 11:32:29 PDT

Maybe I've missed something because I've spent my entire
career as both an engineer and a writer in "industry,"
rather than in dotcoms or consumer products, been when was
tech writing - or engineering, or programming, for that
matter - *not* a "commodity?" It seems to me that employers
have always looked at their employees that way. Pay high
when they're hard to get, pay low when there's lots of them
available, rush them out the door when you don't need them.
So what's changed?

Gene Kim-Eng