RE: Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: RE: Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 09 Jun 2003 09:23:19 PDT

Looking back on my own childhood, I don't think that I or
my teachers at the time ever imagined the present that we
are living today. Much of the technology I've been working
on, whether as an engineer or a writer, was the stuff of
science fiction during the 1950's and 60's when I was in
school. IMO, the old, traditional learn-it-by-rote style
of education that I received gave me a much better base of
knowledge and better thinking skills than what I see
today's school children getting. After all, it's the same
kind of education that most of the people who invented
today's technologies got.

Gene Kim-Eng