Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: Re: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "Paul Strasser" <paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:17:35 -0600

> So I'll ask the group: What single course proved to be most useful in your
> technical writing work?

My first history class in College. We were required to write a paper a
week. No tests, no quizzes. At first it was dreadful, but after 5 or so
weeks I got the hang of it. The actual writing was never a big deal, but
at first the preparation (the "outline" - either mentally or on paper, the
organization of ideas) was a real bugger for me. This course made me "think
like a writer." I even took this professor's second semester course just
because I liked the whole methodology that he forced on his students.

Paul Strasser
Windsor Technologies, Inc.
2569 Park Lane, Suite 200
Lafayette, Colorado 80026
Phone: 303-926-1982
FAX: 303-926-1510
E-mail: paul -dot- strasser -at- windsor-tech -dot- com

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com