RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)

Subject: RE: Education (Was Re: Techwriting After the Boom)
From: "Kat Nagel (lists only)" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:44:09 -0400

At 1:26 PM -0400 2003-06-10, MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:

Kat Nagel (lists only) [mailto:mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com]
> The second semester of my high-school calculus course emphasized
problem analysis and the choice of the proper tool for solving each
problem. That has as useful as the best of the English courses I've
taken---also a high-school course. None of the college English or
math courses were anywhere near as useful.
[...]

Now I'm wondering: was it the years that I was in school, or was
it the backwoods locale? In New Brunswick in the early '70s,
highschool went to grade 12, and we didn't get calculus.

AP math. The required math classes ended with Advanced Algebra in 11th grade.
K@

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com