Re: Longevity vs Variety

Subject: Re: Longevity vs Variety
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:55:47 -0700

Lydia Wong wrote:

There are many folks who always like to do something new, but the reality is, a
good part of our jobs can be updating or maintaining existing documentation,
and needing to work on some things over and over and over. Some tech writing
work does offer endless variety, but some of it just doesn't.

I'm one of those who like variety. I agree with what you're saying, but my attitude has always been: "Fine. Someone else can do the repetitive work." I'm not especially good at it, and I am good at setting up documentation and emergency repairs.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"My love is of a birth as rare
As 'tis for object strange and high;
It was begotten by Despair
Upon Impossibility."
- Andrew Marvell, "The Definition of Love"

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com