RE: New Age Doc Group Names

Subject: RE: New Age Doc Group Names
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:11:33 -0400

You've seen the responses to this question...some of them pretty silly, huh?

Seriously...do you want even 1 out of every 5 of your users to think the
same thing, even just a little bit? Not everyone, even in CA, was born in
CA. Shoot...MOST people in CA weren't born in CA...those that were now live
in Oregon.

>We don't need to impress the rest of the country, John. Thanks.

By going that route, you're not even going to impress your part of the
country.

Before writing, I was in sales and marketing for over 18 years. Names that
are not even open to weird interpretations is important...not always
successful, but important never the less. Don't head that way on purpose.

Obviously, you will do what you want. However, if you've been on this list
as long as many of us have...me, what, 8 years and I'm not near the
longest?...you ought to know that any question is going to get both answers
and opinions. Opinions even if you don't ask...that's what we do. We may not
like it, but we can't help it. It doesn't make it easier that the name was
your idea...however, just as you need to understand that comments and
changes to your written content by your peers in the company isn't personal,
neither are our opinions about this.

Accept this or don't. It doesn't change the fact that we thought it. Be more
concerned if we DON'T tell you our opinion...like you can stop us.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"Here lies the body of William Jay.
Who died maintaining his right of way-
He was right, dead right, as he sped along
But he's just as dead as if he were wrong
----The Boston Transcript"

applications, including Net.

Buy RoboHelp Office X4 by June 13th and receive
$100 mail-in rebate, Plus FREE RoboHelp Plus Pack.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com