Re: Handling List Requests (was Case Study)

Subject: Re: Handling List Requests (was Case Study)
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:17:07 -0400

Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

>FWIW, I think it is appropriate to kindly respond to the poster
>off-list, if one chooses to invest the time, to counsel the poster to
>better phrase such requests. Think of it as a teaching opportunity.

Tom,

I have taken that approach a number of times, and I will continue to do so. I would caution folks, though, that you should be wearing your flameproof Dr. Dentons when you attempt this. There are people out there who do not take kindly to off-list suggestions about the wording of their requests to the list, no matter how diplomatically you think you are phrasing those suggestions.

Dick

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com