Re: Case Study

Subject: Re: Case Study
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:23:54 -0400

"Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>wrote:
>And that brings a question to mind: What if any
>interested people on the list might informally arrange to rotate the "duties"
>of a mentor on the list on a weekly or monthly basis among themselves? Then we
>could all be assured that newcomers who may need mentoring are given the
>proper attention. Any thoughts on this?

My thought is that some people might volunteer, but it's unlikely anyone would be able to follow through effectively. There are a couple of reasons. One is that most of us can't predict our workload a week ahead (best laid plans 'n all that). The other is that questions may be in an area the volunteer of the week doesn't have much knowledge or experience in.

The informal system we have now--where whoever has the time and inclination responds at will--seems preferable.

Dick

--
Attention self-esteem police: It's the amygdala, stupid!

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com