RE: Interviewing "under the hood"?

Subject: RE: Interviewing "under the hood"?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:15:44 -0400

Adrienne,

In a perfect world, everyone would gladly accept PDF résumés. I think you'll find that a great many companies, though, demand either plain text (which has some gotchas in terms of formatting, because all plain text is not created equal) or .doc (which has some gotchas in terms of formatting, because pagination depends on the recipient's default printer).

It's hard to win, but the surest way to lose is to send them a format they don't accept.

Dick

"Fargas, Adrienne" <AFargas -at- condor -dot- nrl -dot- navy -dot- mil> wrote:

>Is giving out copies of your resume as a .doc file the smartest way to
>distribute it? Or is it perhaps wiser to distribute copies of your resume in
>.pdf to keep curious interviewers from "peeking under the hood" and
>critiquing how well you used or didn't use styles?

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com