RE: Motivation + career path

Subject: RE: Motivation + career path
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:09:44 -0400

Hal,

If I had said George Bush thinks tax cuts are a good way to stimulate the economy, or if I had said Joseph Lieberman supported the invasion of Iraq, would you have a problem with that?

When someone makes repeated, consistent public statements in support of a position, what is wrong with referring to that person as an advocate of the position, in a neutral tone? There was nothing disparaging, sarcastic, or rude in my earlier remark, and I stand by it.

Dick

From: "Wrobel, Hal" <hal -dot- wrobel -at- sap -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:03:15 +0200

>Dear Dick,
>
>Regardless of whether or not you like, respect, or agree with Andrew, I can understand his resenting the constant use of his name to represent a group having a common view. When that happens once or twice a person might take it as a compliment. When it becomes a list habit, it could justifiably be felt as an offensive invasion of one's personal space. I have to agree with Andrew on this one, as much as I usually enjoy and respect your contribution.
>
>Hal Wrobel

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com