Re: Motivation + career path

Subject: Re: Motivation + career path
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:28:01 -0400

Andrew,

You raised this in public and I am going to reply in public. I do not dislike you. I do not disrespect you. On some things I agree with you. On others I disagree with you.

However, I do not think you can dispute my assertion that you value content more than form, and I do not think there is anything offensive about suggesting that your views are representative of a group of list members.

It was not my intention when I wrote that post, nor is it now, to offend you, insult you, or demean you.

You have your opinion of what consitutes an appropriate post and what constitutes an inappropriate post, and you are fully entitled to that opinion. I don't have to abide by it, however.

Dick

From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

>"Dick Margulis " wrote ...
>
>> Virtually all of the business analysts I've worked with fall onto the Andrew
>Plato side of the tech writing world. That is, they are all content, all the
>time, and have little interest in or patience for questions of form, style, or
>the _communications_ part of technical communications.
>
>Dick,
>
>Please refrain from using my name in your posts as an example of a type of
>technical writer. It is completely inappropriate.
>
>I don't care how much you dislike me, my opinions, or how many other
>Andrew-haters come to your defense. Its inappropriate - PERIOD.
>
>If you have an issue with this, take it up with me in PRIVATE email only. No
>need to clutter the list with this issue .
>
>Andrew Plato

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining
RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional
Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com