Re: Need cross-platform screen cap assistance

Subject: Re: Need cross-platform screen cap assistance
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:15:49 -0700

Kirsten Zerbinis wrote:

Is there a better process I could use? Is there a good piece of shareware that would help me? I have tried to research image formats and related subjects online, but I can only seem to find material that I either too advanced for my current understanding, or too basic to tell me where I'm losing the quality.

I don't know about shareware, but the GIMP is free software, and has everything you need. It comes in both a *NIX and a Windows version, and includes a screen capture program and all the editing tools you'll need for graphics this side of PhotoShop. In fact, it's so good that it's one of the few pieces of free software that has several books about it.

Have a look at www.gimp.org.

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"Dipping into dustbins, scrambling for a smear,
Sniffing out a scandal: could the fellow be a queer?
Do not be disheartened by what you cannot find,
Embroider or invent if you're inclined."
- Leon Rosselson, "Song of the Free Press"

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO

RoboHelp Studio maximizes your Help authoring power by combining RoboHelp Office and RoboDemo, so you can easily create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and demos.

Find out more about RoboHelp Studio at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com