Re: Acrobat to Framemaker 7 - is it possible?

Subject: Re: Acrobat to Framemaker 7 - is it possible?
From: Peter Gold <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:30:28 -0500

To expand on Sean's reply:

Regarding Acrobat -> FrameMaker:

Although the basic answer is "no," with proper planning, it's possible,
through the use of XML. Acrobat 6 and FM 7 can exchange XML content. You'd
need to set this up in Structured FM, save the document as XML as well as
PDF, being sure to implement the XML tags in PDF Setup.

In Acrobat, a tagged PDF can be saved as XML as well as many other formats.
See Acrobat Help.

Sean's advice to keep the source files extends to "keep the XML source
files."

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold Applications Engineer
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker/SGML, Acrobat, InDesign
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer

KnowHow ProServices
http://www.knowhowpro.com

> No, no.
>
> Acrobat is changing, though. Previously, it was akin
> to that book on your bookshelf: the end of the content
> process.
>
> Now, with Acrobat 6 and revision tracking, it is
> becoming less so.
>
> Still, with PDF, always remember: KEEP YOUR SOURCE
> FILES.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean
>
> --- lksloan -at- informationuniverse -dot- com wrote:
>>
>> I know in previous versions of Frame it has not been
>> possible to convert
>> Acrobat pdf files to Frame. Is this still the same
>> for Framemaker 7 or
>> have they made such a conversion posible? Also are
>> there any improvements
>> to the indexing functions in Frame 7? Your help and
>> advice are always
>> welcome.

ANNOUNCING ROBOHELP STUDIO
Create professional Help systems that feature interactive tutorials and
demos with all new RoboHelp Studio. More at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com