RE: RE: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!

Subject: RE: RE: Nielsen frags PDF with misinformative Alertbox... AGAIN!
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 09:25:28 PDT

The majority of PDFs I create are usually intended for
use by internal field service folk who are viewing them
on laptops or on the screens of the instruments they're
servicing. The most common screen setting encountered
is 1024 x 768 (BTW, this is also the most commonly used
setting in consumer systems with 17" monitors). I test
my PDFs at an 800 x 600 setting, because there are still
some older units in service with 15" monitors (built-in
and not upgradable).

Gene Kim-Eng