Re: Touch-screen terms

Subject: Re: Touch-screen terms
From: "Subash" <subash_tc -at- speedpost -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:33:14 -0800

Hi Michael,

I agree that 'Touch' is the correct usage for working on the elements on
a touch screen. But you can use "choose" in situations where the user has
to choose the option of his/her preference. Typical example is the choice
of account transactions in a online banking/ATM touch screen. However,
this usage depends on your users. If you need to guide the users to each
and every action by telling them to "touch" portions of the screen, you
can use "touch" universally. I have seen choose and select being used
interchangeably in documentation. Select is also fine as it means
choosing an option for a certain action.

~Subash
--
Subash Babu
subash_tc -at- speedpost -dot- net

NEED TO PUBLISH FRAMEMAKER CONTENT ONLINE? "Mustang" is a NEW single
sourcing tool for FrameMaker that lets you easily publish your content
online. No macro language required! http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com