RE: Bug tracking application

Subject: RE: Bug tracking application
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:46:31 -0400

First, the application doesn't make my stuff get read or reviewed. That's
where the bribes and extortion comes in.

However, the problem with many bug tracking applications is that it restrict
entries to only QA people, but our application is set up to allow ANYONE
with an account to post bugs (and to get an account, you just ask).
Therefore, I get more direct feedback from the users.

I also have it set up to allow suggestions and enhancement requests as
opposed to only bugs and errors.

Also, since it is designed to send an email to me immediately upon posting,
I also get feedback that is closer to questions about the documentation than
would be strictly classified as a bug...which I kinda consider a bug anyway
because if they cannot find something, the bug is not in omission or fact,
but an error in organization.

Anyway, maybe it is a corporate culture, maybe my wonderful personality, who
knows what...it just results in getting actual feedback.

John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
"If you're afraid to be second-guessed, you better not make any decisions."
--Hal Sutton, America's 2004 Ryder Cup Captain

> So, am hoping for bug tracking software that brings a
> carrot and stick--big stick--approach to the table.
> Yes?????
>
> Anyway, I like Perfect Tracker because those bugs I do
> have (and I log bugs against myself) let me easily and
> publicly organize my work.

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com