Re: Neilsen makes sense but not amends

Subject: Re: Neilsen makes sense but not amends
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:37:47 -0600

Gosh, it's fun bashing Nielsen. Do the insults also apply to those of us who think that he raises some intelligent points in the article?

When the subject of Web-ugly PDFs was last discussed here (about 2 weeks ago), I asked for an example of good, PDF-based design on a Web site.

Please note the original quote from Nielsen that started that previous mess: "The usability problems that PDF files cause on websites or intranets are legion..."

I would recommend viewing candidate sites through IE, since that's the one most likely to be used by site visitors.

Thanks,

Dan Goldstein

> Make that a capital "E." What a marOOn.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean
>
> --- Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> >
> > Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox, July 28, 2003:
> > Yes, gateway pages make sense. But he still misses
> > the
> > mark regarding many aspects of PDF, and still loves
> > using creative vocabulary.
> >
> > Dunno... I'm inclined to add an 'e' and a space to
> > "morass" to describe the Alertbox... but why stoop
> > the same level?

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com