RE: Online help issue

Subject: RE: Online help issue
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

Right, unless you provide flat HTML, in which case
they can pick it up with any tool they choose for
editing. Not the most impressive system, but it works
and allows for easy mods on their part.

On a side note, you could generate some profit on the
docs end by offering customization services to
clients, where you update the help based on their UI
changes. Dunno what the demand in your case might be,
though.

But, if you keep it plain HTML, they can edit it
themselves. I used to work for a dot-bomb and I
allowed this kind of user access when they were
allowed UI access. They seemed to like it, and leaving
it in plain HTML with well-commented markup made them
very happy.

--- Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
> The most efficient way, it seems to me, is that if
> they want to customize with your output, they need
> your source and tools.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com