Re: environment

Subject: Re: environment
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:37:30 -0600

On 30 Jul 2003 at 12:57, Oja, Wayne wrote:

> >What says the body? Do you prefer the quiet environment of offices,
> >or the more exposed one of cubicles?

An office? What in the world is *that*? :)

In the 25 years I have worked, I have always been in a cube. I don't
mind it -- I have learned quite a bit "over the wall", including what's
going on in a project, the solution to a customer support problem,
etc., and I've been able to help out others when I had an answer to
their problem. Plus, there's always the occasional friendly banter
that occurs, and then we all get back to work. I am also in the
enviable position of having a "window seat". Because our offices are
located in an (as of yet) undeveloped area, my views are of the pine
trees on our lawn, horses in the field across the way, and towering
mountains both to the east and west. Occasionally, we have an
exciting show, such as a two kestrels fighting over a vole or horses
romping wildly as the wind kicks up.

Of course, my idyllic life may soon end, since someone whose voice
and condescending tone, which are like fingernails on a blackboard
to me, is getting ready to move into the neighborhood. It may be
time for headphones!

In the meantime, I appreciate the fact that I feel more in tune with
what is going on in the company, and I'm not isolated in a dreary
little office all day.

Dana W.

ROBOHELP X4 - THE INDUSTRY STANDARD IN HELP AUTHORING
Buy RoboHelp by July 31st and receive a $100 mail-in rebate!
Find out more about RoboHelp X4: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com