Re: Viewing pdf files in different windows !!

Subject: Re: Viewing pdf files in different windows !!
From: "Gururaj B S" <gururaj_bs -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Jan Henning" <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:45:35 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Henning" <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 2:15 PM

> > Is it possible to view the .pdf documents in separate window (not tile
> > or cascade) using Acrobat Reader ? Something similar to MS-WORD where
> > each .doc file opens in a separate window.
>
> I'm not sure what you are looking for - if you want a way to have a
> document that is linked from a PDF file open in a new window instead of
> replacing the file in the front window, there is a preference setting
> for that, at least in Acrobat Reader 6 (and in Acrobat 6): Look for
> "Open cross-document links in same window" in the General preferences
> pane.

Jan, I think he is looking for something else. I tried doing what he said,
but Acrobat still opens multiple documents in the same window. Let me tell
you what he wants. If you open more than one document in Word at the same
time, the documents open in separate windows (multiple instances of Word).
So, you can close these files separately. If you try doing the same in
acrobat reader, the documents open in the same window. I reckon, that's the
reason why you have the "Tile -- horizontal and vertical" options in
acrobat.

Cheers
Gururaj