How to change the preferred mail tool in Mozilla Firebird?

Subject: How to change the preferred mail tool in Mozilla Firebird?
From: Guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:29:11 -0700

I installed Mozilla Firebird 0.6 and am quite happy with it except...
although I use Earthlink for my Internet CONNECTION, I do not use
Earthlink for mail -- I use a mail server on another domain.

When I click a mailto link in Firebird, it launches Earthlink mail.

I searched the Tools>Options ... nothing.
I changed the name of earthlink.exe ... no change.
I rebooted in case it was a persistent thing, once a mailto link
had been clicked, connecting to Earthlink ... no change.
I tried RegEdit ... no mention of earthlink there.
I looked in \Windows\Phoenix\<etc>\users.js .. nothing.
I can't recall my userid/password for Mozilla registration :-(.

Anybody know how to change the mailer that mailto links in Firebird uses?

--
Guy K. Haas
guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com | gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net