Header and Footer margins problem in MS Word 2002 doc

Subject: Header and Footer margins problem in MS Word 2002 doc
From: P M <pm_0403 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I have a problem concerning margins setting in a Word
document(MS Word 2002). I am creating a Word document
where first page has a different header and footer as
compared to the rest of the document. But the header
and footer margins set up for the entire document are
the same.

In the Page Setup dialog box, Margins are set to be
Top:1"; Bottom: 1.2", Inside: 1"; Gutter:0"; gutter
Position:"Left".

Orientation is "Portrait"

I have tried setting "Multiple Pages" option to Normal
as well as Mirror Margins.

When I preview the document, I find everything fine
but when I print this document, odd and even page
margins are so different. I have verified in the Page
Setup dialog box, the Header and Footer section have
the "Different odd and even" checkbox unchecked.

I have also tried selecting the "Different first page"
checkbox just to keep the header and footer margins
for the rest of the doc to be the same but so far have
not succeeded :(.

Could anyone tell me where exactly I am going wrong?

Suggestions/solutions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com