Re: Where to get ppd for distiller installation

Subject: Re: Where to get ppd for distiller installation
From: "Jan Cohen" <familyforever -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:54:06 -0400

Thanks to everyone who responded to my query. Since none of us where I work
have access to the installer files for our software (it's all done over the
network, usually via a "pay as you go" utility), I now know how to approach
the task I'm faced with. Here's what I basically came up with (sans
cautions, caveats, etc.):

1. Ensure you have a license to use Acrobat. If not, get one. Via our
agreement with Adobe, if you have a license for Framemaker, you can obtain a
license for Acrobat free of charge. To do so, ...

2. If you don't already have Acrobat Distiller 5.05 installed, uninstall
any earlier versions of Distiller. Then install version 5.05 via...

3. Download the AdobePS printer driver from ... and run it.

4. When asked for the location of the ppd file, go to... and select...

5. ...

6. ...

7. ...

N. Walla, you've just installed the correct postscript printer for use with
Distiller.

<heading>Setting up your PS printer for use with Framemaker</heading>

Blah, blah, blah...

All accompanied by a wealth of screen snaps and an over abundance of balloon
pointers.

Jan Cohen