What goes in admin guide vs ops guide vs user's guide...

Subject: What goes in admin guide vs ops guide vs user's guide...
From: Kate Robinson <KRobinson -at- seattle -dot- telecomsys -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:56:21 -0700

I'm looking for guidelines other people have developed for how to divide
content between different documents.

As an example, one of the products in my group has this standard set of
docs:
* Administration Guide
* Deployment Guide: Hardware
* Deployment Guide: Software
* Feature Description
* Operations Guide
* Reference Guide

The group currently has no guidelines for what content goes in which doc.
That would be one of my missions. I'd love to find out what other people
have developed!

(If there is a thread on this topic, I can't find it in the archives. Please
point me there if it exists.)

Thanks!

Kate Robinson
TechComm Editor