RE: Not Sure

Subject: RE: Not Sure
From: <Jeanne -dot- Keuma -at- ch2m -dot- com>
To: <trm -at- telusplanet -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:39:27 -0600

Go with your gut feelings. It also helps to administer editing and
writing tests (using some of your firm's materials to check for
suitability) and tests in the software you use most often (e.g. Word,
Excel--and general typing skills). We've been burned before with people
who had many years of experience (even managerial, and who may be very
nice people) but not in the relevant software and kinds of technical
writing/editing we do.

I don't know anyone who would WANT to call themselves "communication
generalists"-- it's probably too generic and says nothing about any
technical writing/editing experience... Sounds like a PR person... But
perhaps some firms use that term for their tech comm folks...

Jeanne