OCR Software Recommendation?

Subject: OCR Software Recommendation?
From: John McDermott <jjm -at- jkintl -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:13:14 -0600

I haven't seen this discussed here recently. I have a lot of documents to scan. I'd like to bring them into Word because they will need some editing. Most recently I've used OmniPage Pro 10.0, but it puts the text in text boxes and is inconsistent in terms of font and point size. It sometimes even captures text as an image. What (Windows) OCR software can anyone recommend that has a good accuracy and that creates documents that are easily edited?

Thanks,
--john
--
John McDermott