RE: The Results (Long)/Addendum

Subject: RE: The Results (Long)/Addendum
From: Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:34:50 -0700

> Some places out here, the suit and
> tie shtick would definitely work against you. As usual, the only
correct
> answer is: it depends.

It's also a status thing. The higher up the position, the more likely
you need
to be formally dressed. Business casual is usually adequate for a
programming
or tech-writing job, but if you're applying for a manager or director
position,
you're more likely to need a suit.

Haven't had to search for a job for three years... And I've lost weight.
So I'm wondering just how much suit does a woman need? As opposed to
the male uniform, the female uniform has more variations. Could I get
by with a plain dress with a jacket over it? Or must I go out and buy a
new suit when this contract ends?

If I could get away with wearing a suit here, I would go ahead and
purchase one or two good interview suits, but sometimes Business Casual
feels over-dressy here!

Rosie

Rose A. Wilcox
CHQ, 17th Floor, 034
Tranz1 QA/Documentation
602-250-2435
Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- PinnacleWest -dot- com
If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked! if to be old and
merry be a sin, then many an old host that I know is damned: if to be
fat be to be hated, then Pharaoh's lean kine are to be loved.
-Shakespeare from "Henry IV, Part 1"