Re: Re: Print-ready Graphics Problem

Subject: Re: Re: Print-ready Graphics Problem
From: Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:32:41 -0400

Yabbut, Sean... I'm not suggesting that you send a resized
screengrab to the printer or press. I am suggesting that you
resize the screengrab to the appropriate dimensions and then
take another screengrab -- one that does not need to be
resized. Using this technique, it is not necessary to monkey
with the resolution in any other application to get the
screengrab to print properly because you have a virgin grab
at the appropriate size.
-swg

> From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
> Word displays to screen pretty well. But, how Word
> displays to screen has nothing to do with how it
> prints to your printer or press.
>
> Resize the images by upping their resolution, either
> in the DTP app (am not sure Word supports setting a
> discrete value for resolution) or in an external
> image-editing application, like PSP, Photoshop,
> PhotoPaint, PhotoImpact, etc., or at time of capture
> with SnagIT or similar tools.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean

<snip>