Re: Projects available are getting shorter and shorter

Subject: Re: Projects available are getting shorter and shorter
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:26:32 -0500

John I think it's a combination of both. I was onsite for two weeks at a very pathetic rate because the contract was through a placement firm. My first week was 15 hours because they asked me at 4PM the prior Friday to be there Monday morning and I had other commitments. So the first week was 15 hours and the second week was 40 hours and in 55 hours I was expected to create 4 user guides, 3 written from scratch, do the graphic design, digital picture gathering off stock CDs and text. I did not finish and the company felt I was "slow." I didn't even have time to ramp up on their products!

Michele

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

John Posada wrote:

I just got contacted by a representative soliciting a project that involves
creating a Database Reporting System User Guide and a Training Guide, with
the UG delivered by the 9/15 and the TG by 10/1. (it's a shame because if I
wasn't that I'm up to my eyeballs now, I'd probably jump at it.)

Anyway...is the reason for this that people looking for writers don't know
what's involved or is it because they figure that with so many writers out
of work, they'll take on even the most difficult assignments?