Re: interview and ethics

Subject: Re: interview and ethics
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, I apologize for not communicating clearly. I
certainly didn't mean 10k is nothing. It is something.
I am just surprised when a company can't see past that
for a good fit. Not always. And not every company. Not
a small mom-and-pop company, for example, or one of
those little family-run outfits.

As an aside, I once made a counter-offer on a job.
They turned it down. I took the job anyway.

I agree about the economy. I think losing tech jobs
overseas is going to have a huge affect on us
techwriters by trickle-down.

I also would say there appears to be no such thing as
the "perfect" job, so we should give up looking for it
. . . or make it ourselves, I suppose.

Cheers,

Sean