RE: UP

Subject: RE: UP
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: 'Keith Jeremy Posner' <kposner -at- micromuse -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:39:52 -0400

Keith...I'm going to assume that he means the generic version of RUP;
Rational Unified Process.

From the application:

The Rational Unified Process or RUP is a software engineering process. It
provides a disciplined approach to assigning tasks and responsibilities
within a development organization. Its goal is to ensure the production of
high-quality software that meets the needs of its end users within a
predictable schedule and budget.

The RUP has two dimensions:
-the horizontal axis represents time and shows the lifecycle aspects of the
process as it unfolds
-the vertical axis represents disciplines, which group activities logically
by nature.

The first dimension represents the dynamic aspect of the process as it is
enacted, and it is expressed in terms of phases, iterations, and milestones.

The second dimension represents the static aspect of the process: how it is
described in terms of process components, disciplines, activities,
workflows, artifacts, and roles.

>Can you explain the term UP?

>>Go one step further and get a full grasp on UP. Not
>>only will it validate your knowledge of UML, but it
>>will open doors you never thought about entering
>>before (software architecture, for example).

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.