Re: extra words: unnecessary or educational?

Subject: Re: extra words: unnecessary or educational?
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:42:35 -0600

I like C.

It's clear, and simply stated. I love parentheses, and use them much in my
prose (and, frankly, in my speech). But in many instances, they make tech
writing overly complex. If a simpler solution can be found to express the
same thought, use it.

Our job is to instruct and inform. Clarity before poetry. I think
Descartes said that. Or maybe DeHorse.

Keith Cronin
the David Hasselhoff of tech writing