Re: Potential Client/Need Advise

Subject: Re: Potential Client/Need Advise
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:16:06 +0200

I just said I couldn't right now, but I'd think about it. The think about it part is because of the women's group we're in together.

Think hard about working for somebody who is your friend or with whom you have another private relation. Doing so tends to make both work life and the private relation more complicated. In particular, it becomes harder to sever the work relationship when it is not satisfactory (you are already feeling some of this, though you haven't even started a real work relationship) and if one of the relationship ends, the other may suffer as well.

You may want to consider being swamped indefinitely, especially as working for this woman apparently would mlower your income.

Cheers
Jan

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de