Graphic Appendix

Subject: Graphic Appendix
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- Com (E-mail)" <framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:13:15 -0400

Hi, guys...I'd like input and pros/cons.

I have a 14 volume FM7 set. I use a great deal of graphics, mostly
flowcharts and network diagrams created in Visio, but some screen captures.

Has anyone ever considered creating a separate volume just of graphics and
images, each with a cross reference to it's matching graphic in the main set
of volumes.

Why? For those who aren't sure what they are looking for, since each graphic
represents a thousand word of content, they should be able to browse through
the images for the type of content they are looking for, then get to the
section of the main document containing the "meat".

Comments?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.