Best Practices Presentation

Subject: Best Practices Presentation
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:59:21 -0400

After having had a set of documentation that I never saw rejected by the IT
department's CIO, I've been asked to present a 15 minute "Best Practices"
presentation at the group's weekly team meeting, starting tomorrow.

If you've done anything like this before, I'd be curious about what subjects
you've covered.

Following are the subjects I'm considering covering this month:

1) Don't Assume Anything
2) Make sure your documentation does not include obsolete information
3) Have all documentation reviewed and signed off by stakeholders

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

**********************************
This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or may be
CONFIDENTIAL,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein. If
you are not an
intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the steps
necessary to
delete the message completely from your computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the Uniform
Electronic Transaction
Act or any other law of similar effect, absent an express statement to the
contrary,
this e-mail message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise
intended to bind
this sender, barnesandnoble.com llc, barnesandnoble.com inc. or any other
person or entity.