Re: Is being technical writer boring

Subject: Re: Is being technical writer boring
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:05:32 -0700

The response I get when I tell people my
plan isn`t very
encouraging. The words 'boring' and 'dull' feature
heavily in their
response, so what I really want to know is 'is
technical writing boring??'.

The only time I have been bored as a technical writer is when I took a job writing release notes for a wireless company. Their programmers were extremely "challenged"; one week, each release was found to be so buggy that it was recalled and a new set of release notes were required.

After three months, I found a new job. Now, I don't have time to be bored!

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

Get MSN 8 and help protect your children with advanced parental controls. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental