RE: India - wave of the future?

Subject: RE: India - wave of the future?
From: Allan Ackerson <Allan -at- profitsystems -dot- net>
To: 'Michele Davis' <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:14:11 -0600

China is a short-term problem. Because of its one-child policy, within a
few decades China will find itself with a huge surplus of elderly people and
not enough laborers to support the worker's paradise. Also, because Chinese
parents tend to abort female fetuses because sons are more desirable, China
has a worsening male surplus problem. At some point China will have to
institute some draconian population measures ("Soylent Green" comes to mind)
or face economic disaster.

Cheers!
Al