Framemaker workflow

Subject: Framemaker workflow
From: alessio -at- evolutionbook -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:22:39 -0600

Hi all and excuse me for the poor english.

I need to implement a workflow for production of academic books. The aim
is
to use a workflow which permits to the Authors to work easily with text
and
to creative to make the work in short term, allowing the Authors to change
the text directly in the paginate work, without the needs of knowing the
software directly.

Some people suggest me to use InDesign + InCopy, but this solution isn't
good for me. I would like to use Framemaker, which is more good for the
needs of this publisher.

I would like to ask you if there is a solution, based on Adobe Framemaker,
that is good for me.

The workflow should be as follows:
Authors: write the book using MS Word (or directly Framemaker), using a
template and styles prepared by the publisher;
his work (or their works) should be passed to Framemaker and the creative
do
the impagination;
the Authors, now, should have the possibility of modifing the text in a
simple way (trough an interface as that of InCopy);
at the end, we generate a PDF file that we send to provider of printing
supplies.
Is it possible such a solution? Is there a product that make this?

What should you advice to me?

Thank you!