Re: The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: Re: The ultimate in understatement?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:48:33 -0700

I lived in Seattle (in case anyone hadn't notice, I went to school there).
It's a very nice place in many ways, but it's not San Francisco.

Seattle does have Dilettante Chocolates and Ezell's.

A good friend of mine (sort of a bit of an ex from years past called me
recently to say he was moving. He had bought a 2nd(!) condo and was moving,
about 700 square feet in the Ravenna area for $200K.

I found the one here (SF) that I had, temporarily, 2 years ago for $250K,
and it was a tiny 500 square feet. In the same building, next door to the
condo I'm now renting, they are trying to seel what I believe is a 2BR
that's about 900 square feet for something along the lines of $450K.

I probably could afford to buy in Seattle. It won't happen for a long time
now, if ever, here in the Bay Area. (Especially if agencies keep posting
offers of $25/hour for senior-level positions.)

Now that the Seattle area has Fry's, and with a job posting from my former
recruiter arriving in my Inbox a few days ago for a job in Bellevue, I'd
almost be tempted to return. But it's still too cold and rainy most of the
time (we could never even get softball season started until late April or
early May), the winter days are far to short, the tax "revolution" is
shortchanging schools there even more than it is here, and the odds are
greatly reduced that I could find a boyfriend there (at my age, non-work
time is as important to my quality of overall life as is my work time).

Chuck Martin

news:211766 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-