RE: Job Market

Subject: RE: Job Market
From: "Lisa A. Roth" <roth -dot- lisa -at- jimmy -dot- harvard -dot- edu>
To: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:52:39 -0400

Perhaps you're right, and I certainly hope that you are.
As I said, I'm not looking; I guess things have really changed since the last time that I was. I'm really glad to hear it, then!

At 09:41 AM 9/5/2003, Matthew Horn wrote:

> Actually, there are currently very few opportunities in the
> Boston area, and it has been that way for quite some time.

I refute this statement based on my own anecdotal experience. From what I've seen, Boston area job openings have picked up alot recently.

Rational had several open reqs for curriculum developers/trainers. Other companies where tech writing openings have come across my desk include EasyAsk, Avid, Pega, and Workscape.

A year ago, I was seeing 1 every 6 months. Now I am seeing 1 every week or two.

Matthew Horn
Sr. Technical Writer
< m a c r o m e d i a >

Lisa A. Roth