"Thanks for coming in"

Subject: "Thanks for coming in"
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:54:30 -0700

When I'm at an interview and I hear, "Thanks for coming in," I usually figure that it's the equivalent of "Don't call us, we're call you." My experience tends to support this belief, even though the words could be simply a piece of politeness

But I'm curious: has anyone ever got a job after hearing "Thanks for coming in"?

http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

"And in the night when I'm all alone
And the sadness goes to the bone
I'd make the words in the refrain
As lethal as the knives of Spain."
-Ray Wylie Hubbard, "The Knives of Spain"